Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Haunted Island of Okinawa, Japan

On Okinawa, a small island off of main land Japan, millions of deaths have occurred. After growing up on the island myself, I strongly agree with local stories and tales of all the hauntings in unfinished buildings, parks, houses, and hotels. I have heard that most of the stories are not true because it is all in the head of the teller but it is actually part of their religion, a branch of shaman-ism. I have always been interested in their beliefs and the fact that their religions makes them praise ancestors more than others. After living on Okinawa for ten years I have not researched the hauntings any, I plan on diving in and proving that there are, in fact, haunting and spirits, good and bad, all over the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment